Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Competitions

I entered a drawing competition of which I learned last night that I did not get through to pre-selection. I pretend as though it doesn't matter and on a logical level it does not mean much if anything at all. However, I have this familiar feeling of rejection and it hurts.

A few of my responses;
It is a crap drawing anyway.
What's the point in being an Artist. (Not that I can really help it) I must be cursed.
I am destined to live 'rough' for the rest of my life.
It's not fair... and so on.

To all you upcoming Artists out there, especially my friends, don't be disheartened. Without the rejection you will never fully appreciate acceptance.

Thank you to all my supporters, your kind words mean a lot and thank you to the two people I have told for your emotional responses. :)

peace out




No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon talk to me! Whisper sweet nothings in my blog..